About Me

My photo
I absolutely LOVE what I do! I started designing jewelry over eight years ago, and I still love to bead myself senseless every chance I get! I have a wonderful, patient husband, 5 grandchildren, 2 baby goats, and 20 chickens to keep me busy and out of trouble (?) when I'm not senselessly beading! www.BeadUSenseless.etsy.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Texas Wildfires!


You have all probably heard of the Texas wildfires...today was the first time we could see the smoke from our house! Monday when we were still getting winds from hurricane Irene, we could smell it.  Tho the wind has died down considerably, the fires have shifted and are more spread out.
My step-sons and families have all evacuated. The youngest has been with us until today. He wanted to go spend time with a friend tonight. Our sunset was incredible because of the smoke! I missed pictures because when I rushed out with the camera the batteries were dead! By the time I had hunted up new ones, the sun was already setting behind the tree line.  The first picture is from our back yard.  The second picture is from a parking lot on a major street near our home...I bullied my husband into taking me away from the trees so I could get a better shot.  This is really nothing...the stories are surreal...one girl  and her three little ones who packed up and left their home when told to evacuate.  The evac order was lifted, so she went back home yesterday, unpacked, then went into work today.  Her home burned to the ground while she was working.  That's only one story out of gazillions!  It is just too big to wrap your head around.  Please pray for these people...the fire fighters who are beyond exhausted!...and all the people involved the in the Bastrop county fire as well, which is much bigger than ours!  That fire is also spreading!  We are all praying the fires will be out soon, and people can start rebuilding their lives.  One more story I heard today:  A family near Bastrop who had lost everything but their lives! were so incredibly strong; the father had a big sign attached to a windmill so the family could take the first picture of their "new" family album!!  The sign read:  "United We Stand"








No comments:

Post a Comment