About Me

My photo
I absolutely LOVE what I do! I started designing jewelry over eight years ago, and I still love to bead myself senseless every chance I get! I have a wonderful, patient husband, 5 grandchildren, 2 baby goats, and 20 chickens to keep me busy and out of trouble (?) when I'm not senselessly beading! www.BeadUSenseless.etsy.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Computer Done Gone!




Look very closely at this picture! Notice the right-hand corner of the laptop...THAT'S how I limped along for a little while before my computer gave up entirely!!! I had to prop the left-hand side up with the docking station (so I wouldn't have to type at an up-hill angle!) to accomodate the the clamp that was needed to keep my computer on! Seriously, it would not stay on unless you pressed down over the f12 button! Picture me typing one-handed while holding down the f12 with my other hand. The aggravation factor was at an all time high! Needless to say, I only used my computer when absolutely necessary! My brilliant husband, who can fix just about anything, came up with the clamp idea...and voila! Southern ingenuity at it's best!

4 comments:

  1. Soooo SAD! I think it's time to get a NEW one! LOL :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Theresa, I do need a new computer...but that means taking precious time to learn a new windows program, re-set all my faves, try to find things I KNOW were stored before...and on and on...For now I'll stick with the devil I know!;} LOL! One thing we did...purchased an external hard drive to back up the critical stuff. Feeling smart about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not sure which windows program your using..... but I can tell ya this Windows 7 is the BEST SWITCH I ever made! I LOVED my XP it was awesome.... then I got a STUPID VISTA! Hated that program! Bought another computer with windows 7 and have been in love ever since! I know there are things I still don't know.... but as long as I can blog, comment, shop, email It's ALL GOOD! LOL Get a new computer!!!! :o) And YES the smartest thing you could do is get an external hard drive! Everyone needs one! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're running Windows XP, and I love it too! That's why we bought our computers refurbished...so we could bypass Vista! We will probably move to 7, but for now both our computers are doin' great! (I know, "famous last words"! LOL!) My husband switched our innards to cases he found on Ebay! Now even his is up and running! (I can hear his chuggin' along right across the table from me...Music to my ears!) And he's getting to use the Father's Day present I got for him...a "faster upper" for his laptop! I know it's called RAM, but I can never think of that. (Can't call me a Computer Geek! LOL) Anyway,I think we were both having a power supply problem...which every computer in our house has had at some time or other! ;{ We will probably start looking at new laptops around Christmas. Then when the kids start complaining..."we never know what to get for y'all..." Ha!

    Thanks for being such a good blogster pal to Stuff & me!!! If you EVER come to Texas...we're there! I'll bring the margaritas!

    ReplyDelete