About Me

My photo
I absolutely LOVE what I do! I started designing jewelry over eight years ago, and I still love to bead myself senseless every chance I get! I have a wonderful, patient husband, 5 grandchildren, 2 baby goats, and 20 chickens to keep me busy and out of trouble (?) when I'm not senselessly beading! www.BeadUSenseless.etsy.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Did I Ever Tell You About the Time I "Accidentally" Kidnapped my Grandson???




Probably not....it just happened yesterday......



Night before last night my daughter-in-law called while I was in the middle of my first attempt at soldering. She outlined plans for the next exciting couple of days..the kids are anticipating the "Meeting the Teacher" event and some last minute surprise flings before school starts.


Austin (5, going into Kg) was to meet his teacher Thursday pm...Averie (10, going into 4th grade) was to meet her teacher Friday am...then they would all meet for lunch and take the kids on a surprise trip to the Space Center Houston afterwards. Those were the basic, most important points of the conversation...As usual when I'm slightly (?) distracted only SOME things stick on their way in one ear and out the other!


For some reason, I had it in my head that I was to pick Austin up from his Montessori school on Thursday afternoon as I has been the Thursday afternoon standard for 2 years now. To Austin's credit, he TRIED to tell me his dad said it was meet-the-teacher day, but I convinced him it wasn't until the next morning, and we happily pulled in my driveway with plans to ride the (battery operated) 4-wheelers "in the street" (!) together. Luckily I grabbed my cell phone on the way out the door, and it rang just as I swung my leg over my camo ride and hit reverse. It was my d-in-law in a panic! "Where are you!?!" Do you have Austin???" Of course I have Austin...I was supposed to pick him up...r-i-g-h-t???? :] Wrong! Oh, so wrong!!! :(] Oops!


All the way to the school (thank Heavens, not too far!) he told me he told me so...he's just like his daddy and his grandpa! When we pulled into the parking lot, he said, "Don't worry, Grammy, you just forgot your mind!"


Out of the mouths of babes.......


Ahhh, but I digress...where was I?...Oh, yeah, soldering....

4 comments:

  1. OMGOSH! Kiddnapping?? Shame on you! LOL Good thing school hasn't started yet! LOL
    LOVE your Project but I really LOVE the story! LOL :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa!

    I KNEW you would love it...Just wait! You'll be a grandma some day! And you'll make a
    FANTASTIC one! I just know it. Stuff & I want you to come visit sooo badly!...but I know you will be busy home-schooling your not-so-little-one...can't insult him by calling him little! My kids are all having a field day with my little "faux paux"! (Fancy word for "stupidity"!)
    L0L I say "Let 'em laugh, they will be here some day!" (I haven't even told Stuff about this yet...or maybe I have...can't remember!haha!...I figure she can check out my blog to find out like you did!!!! LOL!) Anyway! I digress AGAIN! I checked out your blog...You are hard to find if one doesn't know your are "miislucky"...talk about "Anonymous"!!!!
    Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure we aren't twins and you just took longer to "cook"? That sounds exactly like something I would do. Of course your kids are exactly like mine, they will never let you forget. I love the new stuff. I saw it all the other day but blogger wasn't cooperating and I couldn't comment. Grrr See you at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do think we are twins...I just know we are connected somewhere in that void we call our brains!!! You do realize, don't you, that if my brother-in-law (we won't mention any names!) finds out about this...I won't have a moment of peace...not even when I leave town to get away from my kids!!! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete