About Me

My photo
I absolutely LOVE what I do! I started designing jewelry over eight years ago, and I still love to bead myself senseless every chance I get! I have a wonderful, patient husband, 5 grandchildren, 2 baby goats, and 20 chickens to keep me busy and out of trouble (?) when I'm not senselessly beading! www.BeadUSenseless.etsy.com

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm So Impressed With Myself!






I just have to show off these earrings! I just love them! They are going to be a birthday present for a friend, but I'm sure I will be making more for the girls in the family and myself! I haven't tackled oxidizing yet...I'm a little nervous about working with toxic concoctions! A lot nervous actually! I still can't believe I am doing this...taking copper sheet metal and wire...some cutting, some filing...a lot of hammering and polishing...and voila!
The clasp I made by twisting, then hammering heavy copper wire. I plan to use it in a necklace where the clasp is off-center in the front.
Dang! I'm good!!!! ha!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are getting so good!! I can't believe you are doing all this. You are so right not to limit yourself to only one aspect of jewelry making. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Steph was right! You are very talented! Nice work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am SO obsessed with this!!! I'm either banging around on metal or online ordering something to bang around with! Please "Follow" me so I can enter you in the contest for the earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Steph! Coming from such a super talented person who, by the way, taught me to paint!, that's one heck of a complement!

    ReplyDelete