About Me

My photo
I absolutely LOVE what I do! I started designing jewelry over eight years ago, and I still love to bead myself senseless every chance I get! I have a wonderful, patient husband, 5 grandchildren, 2 baby goats, and 20 chickens to keep me busy and out of trouble (?) when I'm not senselessly beading! www.BeadUSenseless.etsy.com

Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Metalworking Passion


I have neglected all my websites lately for my new love: metalworking! I said I wasn't going to get into this...didn't want my hands and nails messed up when showing jewelry...and it DOES mess them up! I should have taken a picture of the thumbnail that I hammered off! But my curiosity got the better of me and now I am hooked!


My first efforts turned out to be I.D. bracelets for the kids; 4 grandchildren and 4 great- nephews. Keep in mind as you study the picture, I am not an expert, and don't study them too closely! The 2 grandchildren that live close by, Averie & Austin, already have theirs. Garrett & Blake are the other 2 grands...they will be here tomorrow for their Grandpa's birthday.

3 comments:

  1. They all turned out so cute. You did such a good job.I predict that you are going to be very busy for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely bracelets! I'm sure the grankids are gonna love them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I just found out this week that my grandson, Austin (4y.o.), who wore his bracelet for about 5 min. then wanted it off...not used to a bracelet...told my son this past Monday he wanted to wear the bracelet and the new camo tennis shoes I bought him to school to show his teachers and friends. I understand he "showed them" repeatedly ALL DAY LONG! His poor teachers! ha! When they get back from vacation, I'll try to get a picture of him in them to post!

    ReplyDelete